- This event has passed.
Play Therapy and the Treatment of Childhood Sexual Abuse and Problematic Sexual Behaviors in Youth
December 13, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$90 – $145
This course will focus on both the common dynamics and impacts of childhood sexual abuse on children and the lifespan. Training will also cover the etiology associated with problematic sexual behaviors in youth and playful ways to support youth and their caregivers. The training will provide play therapy interventions for use with children and adults.
Virginia Sweetser, MSW, LCSW, LSCSW, RPT
Kristin Mills-Trowbridge, MS, LPC, LCPC, RPT-S
Virginia and Kristin are both therapists at MOCSA (Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault) in Kansas City, MO. They have a combined 16 years of experience in providing treatment to child and adult survivors of sexual abuse and assault, and well as treatment for youth with problematic sexual behaviors both in individual and group formats.
CEUs: 6 (Play Therapy Approved)
Early Bird Member (purchased before December 2nd): $110
Early Bird Non Member (purchased before December 2nd): $130
Student: $90 *with transcript
Non Member: $145
- Participants will learn the unique treatment factors for youth who have experienced sexual abuse.
- Participants will learn possible long-term implications of childhood sexual abuse.
- Participants will learn 1 play therapy intervention to utilize with adults who experienced childhood sexual abuse.
- Participants will learn the priority components of providing treatment for youth with problematic sexual behaviors.
- Participants will learn ways to incorporate families into treatment for youth who problematic sexual behaviors.
- Participants will learn 4 – 7 play therapy interventions to utilize with children.
2:30pm- 2:45pm Break
1:00pm- 4:00pm Workshop
Refunds will be given for paid continuing education training cancelled by MAPT and for when MAPT relocates training to another region of the state. For attendees who cancel 48 hours prior to the start of the training, a MAPT CREDIT will be provided to attendees for the amount paid, and can be used at a future MAPT training.
APT Provider Number: 08-223