The Missouri Association for Play Therapy (MAPT) sponsors numerous programs and services during the year. MAPT is a volunteer member-based organization and you, as a stakeholder, are both invited and encouraged to serve on our committees to help shape the very benefits that justify your memberships.
2019 Conference: Play Therapy for Emotional Regulation Throughout the Lifespan
Columbia, MO June 7-8, 2019
Join MAPT in welcoming Tracy Turner Bumberry and Dr. Robert Jason Grant to Columbia, MO! Conference is scheduled for June 7 & 8, 2019. This year conference will be hosted in Columbia, MO at the Hilton Garden Inn.
REGISTRATION will open April 20th!!!! There is limited seating so sign up quick! Early bird pricing will be available until May 17, 2019!
Tracy Turner-Bumberry MA, LPC, RPT-S, CAS is the owner of KS Counseling, LLC in St. Charles, MO. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, Certified AutPlay Therapist/Trainer, and Certified Autism Specialist. Tracy is a national speaker on Play Therapy and has written two books, one focusing on mandala techniques in Play Therapy, the other on mindful Play Therapy interventions. Prior to private practice, Tracy was an elementary school counselor and worked as a Play Therapist in an inpatient psychiatric children’s unit. She is happy to be presenting today in her home state!
Dr. Robert Jason Grant
Dr. Robert Jason Grant is a licensed Professional Counselor, National Certified Counselor, Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, and Advanced Certified Autism Specialist. He owns and operates the Robert Jason Grant Ed.D AutPlay Therapy Clinic.
Dr. Grant specializes in working with children, adolescents, and families affected by autism spectrum disorder (ASD), ADHD and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
He is the creator of AutPlay® Therapy, an ASD and neurodevelopmental disorders therapy incorporating play therapy, behavioral therapy, and relationship development approaches. He is also a Certified Autism Movement Therapy provider and trained in many established ASD treatment approaches. Dr. Grant is also trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder/trauma related therapy for children and adults.
Dr. Grant is an international speaker and keynote presenter having presented for the American Counseling Association, Association for Play Therapy, American Mental Health Counselors Association, and The World Autism Congress. He is a multi-published author of several articles, book chapters, and books including the following best-selling books:
- AutPlay® Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum
- Play-Based Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understanding Sensory Processing Challenges, A Workbook for Children and Teens
- Understanding ASD, A Workbook for Children and Teens
- Let’s Play, A Relationship Skill Building Book Game
1.Understand how the Gross Model of Emotion Regulation applies to Play Therapy
2.Identify the differences between antecedent focused and response focused based Play Therapy interventions
3.List the 5 components of the Gross Model of Emotion Regulation as it applies to Play Therapy.
4.Define the AutPlay Therapy Model of Dysregulation and how it affects children
5.Understand Play Therapy theories and approaches that address emotion regulation in children
6.Identify at least five Play Therapy interventions to help children improve emotion regulation ability
- Define the AutPlay Therapy Model of Dysregulation and how it affects adolescents
- Understand Play Therapy theories and approaches that address emotion regulation in adolescents
- Identify at least five Play Therapy interventions to help adolescents improve emotion regulation ability
- Describe how Schaeffer and Drew’s therapeutic powers of play apply to adult clients with emotion regulation issues
- Understand how Play Therapy theories can be implemented with adult populations to improve emotion regulation
- Identify at least five Play Therapy interventions to help adults improve emotion regulation ability
...June 7 at Hilton Garden Inn
...June 8 at Hilton Garden Inn