Upcoming Regional Workshops
The Missouri Association for Play Therapy (MAPT) sponsors numerous programs and services during the year. MAPT is a volunteer member-based organization and you, as a stakeholder, are both invited and encouraged to serve on our committees to help shape the very benefits that justify your memberships.
Prescriptive Play Therapy AND Play Therapy Supervision
April 4, 2020
Presenters: Corie Schoeneberg , Ph.D, LPC, RPT-S, NCC
Location: ONLINE ZOOM MEETING DUE TO Covid-19.
* This workshop has a registration fee for each session so attendees may choose if they want to attend morning, afternoon, or both. Registration fee reflects the 3 hour workshop lengths.
Morning Session— Prescriptive Play Therapy: Determining Client Needs, Selecting an Approach, and Integrating Play Therapy Skills
In this workshop, participants will learn: 1) principles of prescriptive play therapy; 2) the use and role of assessment in prescriptive play therapy; and 3) implications for trauma and the family system in prescriptive play therapy. Participants will leave the workshop with an understanding of a prescriptive decision-making approach for play therapy treatment and will be better equipped to tailor the play therapy experience to the needs of their client.
Afternoon Session: Play Therapy Supervision: Applying Models, Assessing Development, and Enriching Play Therapy Skills
This 3-hour workshop is designed for beginning to intermediate level play therapy supervisors with the overall purpose of enhancing the participant’s supervisory skills specifically in the field of play therapy. The workshop will be structured along four supervisory domains: 1) application of supervision models applied in play therapy; 2) professional considerations for supervisors regarding ethics and standards of practice; 3) recognition and practical integration of the play therapist supervisee’s needs based on his or her professional developmental stage; and 4) playful supervisory techniques and interventions that promote the supervisee’s’ growth in play therapy skills and understanding of the therapeutic relationship.
Registration: 830 AM – 9:00 AM
Workshop: 9:00 AM – 10: 30 AM
Break: 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM
Workshop: 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM
Lunch: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Workshop: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Break: 2:30 PM – 2: 45 PM
Workshop: 2:45 PM – 4:00 PM
More Upcoming Workshops
- August 14 & 15, 2020 Annual Conference
- Deconstructing Play Therapy: What Does Child’s Play Mean and Extraordinarily Development: Developmental Principles in Play Therapy
- Presenter: Dr. Dee Ray, Ph.D., LPC-S, NCC, RPT-S
- Registration begins 5/12/2020
- **SPECIAL NOTICE: This will be held at Columbia’s Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Rooms will be held until 5/11/2020. Rate is $129 for a regular room and $139 for a suite. Block Code is GCG.
Workshop Pricing (per day):
Early Bird Member: $110
Early Bird Non Member: $130
Student: $90 *with transcript
Non Member: $145
Conference Pricing (per day):
Early Bird Member $135
Early Bird Non Member $150
Student: $100 *with transcript
Non Member: $170