The Missouri Association for Play Therapy (MAPT) sponsors numerous programs and services during the year. MAPT is a volunteer member-based organization and you, as a stakeholder, are both invited and encouraged to serve on our committees to help shape the very benefits that justify your memberships.
2021 Annual Conference– Creative Interventions for Children of Divorce: Using Play Therapy to help the child heal AND 10 Minute Techniques: Play Therapy Interventions for School-age Children.
Columbia, MO June 11-12, 2021
Join MAPT in welcoming Scott Riviere, MS, LPC, RPT-S! Conference is scheduled for June 11 & 12, 2021. This year’s conference will be hosted IN PERSON. Please obey city mask ordinance and social distancing. REGISTRATION will open April 3. Early bird pricing will be available until May 15th, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Scott Riviere, MS, LPC, RPT-S
Scott Riviere, MS, LPC, RPT-S, is a Licensed Professional Counselor and one of the first Registered Play Therapist-Supervisors in Louisiana. He is the Director of K.I.D.Z., Inc., Louisiana’s first Play Therapy Institute, where his practice is limited exclusively to children and adolescents and their families. During his 30+ years of practice, he has worked in various clinical settings and has extensive training in the field of Play Therapy. He has served on various committees for the Association for Play Therapy and is currently serving on the Board of Directors.
He has created several therapeutic products for mental health professionals and is a published author and frequent guest on various media outlets. Mr. Riviere has also produced a series of parent training videos titled “Positive Parenting”.
COVID Precautions: For the safety of all, participants are asked to wear a mask. Social distancing will be encouraged through spaced seating. We will sanitize throughout the conference.
Creative Interventions for Children of Divorce: Using Play Therapy to help the child heal
1. Participants will identify three types of divorce that effect children’s development in play therapy
2. Participants will identify the benefits of Directive and Non-directive Play Therapy Techniques.
3. Participants will explain why parental involvement in Play Therapy sessions is critical.
4. Participants will be able to list several Play Therapy Techniques.
5. Participants will learn modifications to Group Play Therapy format.
6. Participants will learn to create a board game to help with transition difficulties in Play Therapy.
10 Minute Techniques: Play Therapy Interventions for School-age Children
Participants will identify key developmental differences between children and adolescents.
Participants will list three benefits of directive and non-directive Play Therapy Interventions.
Participants will role-play Play Therapy interventions to manage and express aggressive behaviors.
Participants will identify benefits of social skills group Play therapy versus role-play.
Participants will list over 10 Play Therapy techniques to manage a variety of behaviors.
- Participants will identify 3 key traits when dealing with disruptive behaviors in Play Therapy.