Upcoming Regional WorkshopsThe Missouri Association for Play Therapy (MAPT) sponsors numerous programs and services during the year. MAPT is a volunteer member-based organization and you, as a stakeholder, are both invited and encouraged to serve on our committees to help shape the very benefits that justify your memberships.
Registration Now Open for In Person April Workshop
April 22, 2023 (In person)
Mancala In Play Therapy
Content Area for Licensing: Special Topics
Ceus: 4 hours
Description: Taking a basic game and devising a therapeutic application-just what Play Therapists do! In this 4 hour workshop, the presenter will explore how a simple game like Mancala and connecting it to Locus of Control (LOC) is pertinent to the work of the Play Therapist and benefits the client. Whether used with young or old clients, the objectives of this workshop will support the Play Therapist in expanding their knowledge of LOC and applying to their work in the Playroom.
Presenter: Terri Courtney-Miller, MS, LPC, RPT-S
Location: The Library Center, 4653 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield MO 65810
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- Recite the definition of Locus of Control, the 2 basic types of locus, and how to identify it in play therapy by using a response worksheet.
- Identify one’s own Locus using an evaluation Scale in Play Therapy.
- Apply the Scale to client s in Play Therapy while incorporating the shift in Scale results when using with ethnic minority clients.
- Utilizethe game of Mancala with an emphasis on connecting choice and consequence in Play Therapy.
- Identifythe 4 Lessons of Mancala used in Play Therapy to increase levels of beneficial Locus.
Click for more information and to register
Registration: 830 AM – 9:00 AM
Workshop: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
More Upcoming Workshops/ Events
- Terri Courtney Miller, LPC, RPT-S
- April 22, 2023
- Mancala and Locus of Control
- Midtown Library in Springfield MO
- 2023 Annual Conference
- June 9 and 10, 2023
- Terry Kottman, Ph.D., RPT-S, LMHC
Workshop Pricing (per day):
Early Bird Member: $115
Early Bird Non Member: $135
Student: $90 *with transcript
Non Member: $150
Conference Pricing (per day):
Early Bird Member $140
Early Bird Non Member $160
Student: $100 *with transcript
Non Member: $180